Redefining community-based heart care in our state.
Southcoast was the first community hospital south of Boston to consolidate all advanced cardiac services into "centers for excellence" in cardiac care.
Today, Southcoast's Cardiovascular Services provides the entire spectrum of cardiovascular services — from open heart surgery procedures to cardiac catheterizations to coronary angioplasty and pacemakers.
Southcoast performs more cardiac catheterizations than any other community hospital system in Massachusetts, with approximately 60 percent of patients needing advanced treatment such as coronary artery bypass or angioplasty.
Our state-of-the-art Electrophysiology Laboratories at Charlton and St. Luke's hospitals provide diagnostic testing for cardiac arrhythmias using noninvasive methods, such as electrocardiograms and Holter monitoring.
Our passion. Your heart.
Southcoast has made improved cardiac care one of our top priorities — investing millions to bring lifesaving services to our region.
What does this mean for local heart patients and their families?
It means your local hospitals, cardiologists and heart surgeons are at the forefront of community-based heart care — and are leaders in bringing the best care to where it is needed most, right here in the South Coast.
Southcoast's Cardiovascular Services offer the same level of technology available in teaching hospitals in Boston and Providence.
- We were the first community hospital in Massachusetts to offer open heart surgery as part of a new program in collaboration with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- Our program consistently earn the highest possible quality ratings from Healthgrades and other national and regional groups.
- We also have partnered with Massachusetts General Hospital Heart Center in Boston to create an Electrophysiology Lab at Charlton that offers the latest in technology in the diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm disturbances.
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Prevention Program
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Electrophysiology & Heart Rhythm Services
- Heart Failure Clinic
- Open Heart Surgery