ALERT: Southcoast has paused the use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine following recommendations issued from the CDC, FDA, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Rhode Island Department of Health. For more information, please see the CDC-FDA announcement of April 13, 2021.
According to the CDC and FDA, “People who have received the J&J vaccine who develop severe headache, abdominal pain, leg pain, or shortness of breath within three weeks after vaccination should contact their health care provider.”
Southcoast is in the process of contacting those individuals who had been scheduled to receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Thank you for your trust, patience and understanding.
NEW: You can now schedule you COVID-19 vaccination appointment directly in your MyChart account or here!
Upcoming public clinics (by appointment only, via MyChart or online scheduling—NO WALK-UPS)
- Thursday, April 22, Fall River (Liberal Club): Pfizer
- Thursday, April 22, Dartmouth (Vanity Fair): Pfizer
- Friday, April 23, Dartmouth (Vanity Fair): Pfizer
- Saturday, April 24, Fall River (Liberal Club): Pfizer
- Saturday, April 24, Dartmouth (Vanity Fair): Pfizer
- Monday, April 26, Fall River (Liberal Club): Pfizer
- Tuesday, April 27, Dartmouth (Vanity Fair): Pfizer
- Wednesday, April 28, Fall River (Liberal Club): Pfizer
- Thursday, April 29, Fall River (Liberal Club): Pfizer
Please note that all appointment scheduling is subject to allocation of vaccination supply from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All appointments made available, are reserved for individuals who meet the current criteria for eligibility according to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Log into or sign up for MyChart (Southcoast Health primary care provider not required).
- Book an appointment if slots are available based on supply from the state.
- Prepare for your appointment.
No MyChart Account? Schedule Right Here.
Before starting the booking process, please have your insurance name and number ready, as you will be asked for that information. If you do not have insurance, you will still be able to book an appointment by entering “None.”
Please note that all COVID-19 vaccination appointment scheduling is subject to allocation of vaccination supply from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
COVID-19 Vaccination Eligibility Status
The Commonwealth is the administrative authority on vaccination in Massachusetts; Southcoast Health and other organizations serve as facilitators who are required to strictly adhere to the state’s established guidelines and supply shipments. You can find a map of the Commonwealth’s current COVID-19 vaccination locations here.
As a reminder, these opportunities to schedule appointments will be wholly dependent on available vaccine supply, week to week, as allocated by the Commonwealth.
Southcoast COVID-19 Vaccination Sites
Southcoast has worked closely with the Commonwealth, municipalities, and community partners to establish three public vaccination sites that launched on February 8.
Please note, individuals accompanying an eligible resident to their vaccination appointment at mass vaccination locations can make an appointment to also be vaccinated at the same location on the same day. This does not apply to Southcoast Health vaccination locations.
- Greater Fall River Site
- Greater New Bedford Site
- Greater Wareham Site
Fall River Vaccine Clinic
Dartmouth Vaccine Clinic
Wareham Vaccine Clinic
COVID-19 Vaccination Guides & Resources
Thank you for your trust, patience, and support, and please stay tuned to this page for updates. A few final reminders:
- While awaiting COVID-19 vaccination, and even after being vaccinated, please stay safe by wearing a mask whenever you’re in a public area, staying at least 6 feet away from people with whom you do not live, washing and sanitizing your hands regularly, and refraining from touching your eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible.
- Even after being vaccinated, we urge patients to continue wearing a face covering or mask. We are encouraging everyone to wear a mask in public and to contribute to a shared national effort of saving every possible life. When you protect yourself and your loved ones, you are also protecting our frontline healthcare heroes.
- The vaccine is free of charge for recipients, but if you have health insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid, please be prepared to share that information during the scheduling and appointment process.