Weight Loss Options
The Southcoast Center for Weight Loss is the region's leader in weight loss surgery, offering an incredible program of pre-op education and ongoing post-op support.
We provide coordinated, safe and comprehensive services.
To date, more than 2,500 patients have benefitted from our program, which includes several options to help our patients lose weight and get healthy.
Our bariatric surgeons consult with each patient to discuss weight-loss options and decide which option is best for each individual's unique needs.
Am I a Candidate?
Weight loss surgery is not right for everyone and requires a lifelong commitment to your health.
To be considered a candidate for surgery, you must have the following traits:
- Body mass index (BMI) of 40+ or 35+ with an obesity-related disease on treatment, such as heart disease or type 2 diabetes.
- At least 18 years old.
- Stable psychological condition.
- Previously failed medically supervised attempts at weight loss.
Free educational seminars are held every month on bariatric surgery for morbid obesity. Dates are subject to change. Please call our office to register and confirm dates.
- First Wednesday of each month
The Cape Codder
1225 Iyannough Road & Bearse's Way, Hyannis
- Second Tuesday of each month
Medical Library on the first floor
43 High Street, Wareham
- Second Wednesday of each month
White's of Westport
Colonial Room, 66 State Road, Westport
- Third Tuesday of each month
Southcoast Center for Women's Health
300 Faunce Corner Road, North Dartmouth
- Third Wednesday of each month
John Carver Inn
25 Summer Street, Plymouth
- Fourth Wednesday of each month
698 Bay Street, Taunton
Please call 508-273-4900 for further information and to register for a free seminar.
Before proceeding with weight loss surgery, it is important to determine what your insurance will cover.
To ensure the most efficient process, call your insurance provider to ask the following questions:
- What are the criteria needed to proceed with weight loss surgery?
- Are there any exclusions?
Most insurance providers have specific requirements that must be met in order to obtain coverage for bariatric surgery. Our team has created a general guideline for some of the more common providers to help facilitate this process.