Trust Your Brain & Spine Care to Our Neurosurgeons
When your brain and spine health is in question, you want to have a local team of neurologists, pain management specialists and neurosurgeons that you can turn to for exceptional care. Southcoast has invested a great deal in strengthening our neurosurgery program, both in equipment and technology, as well as the recruitment of top neurosurgeons who bring expertise in the latest techniques and treatments. This includes offering neurosurgical services in Fall River, Dartmouth, New Bedford, Wareham, MA and Rhode Island. Our clinical team can provide surgical care more quickly and less invasively than ever — with greater safety, reduced trauma and shorter recovery times.
Through Charlton Memorial Hospital and St. Luke’s Hospital, we perform more than 700 neurosurgery procedures every year, making us the leading provider of neurosurgical services in the region. Find a neurosurgeon close to your home or work today to set up a consultation.
What We Treat with Neurosurgery in Fall River & New Bedford, MA
Some common types of problems that brain/spine surgery is used to treat include:
- Acoustic neuromas, which is a common type of benign brain tumor involving the cranial nerve
- Other types of brain tumors, such as malignant brain tumors, meningiomas and brain metastases
- AV malformations, which are malformations of the arteries and veins covering the brain
- Head trauma, including hemorrhages
- Acute aneurysms or weaknesses or bulges in blood vessels that are at risk of bursting
- Pituitary tumors
- Hydrocephalus, which involves fluid on the brain
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar disc diseases that affect the spinal column
- Epilepsy, chronic epilepsy and other neurological diseases
- Pain disorders
- Cervical disc problems
- Degenerative spine disease that may require spinal fusion
- Serious spinal abnormalities such as scoliosis
- Pediatric neurosurgery
Using the Latest Techniques in Neurosurgery
At Southcoast, the neurosurgical procedures that we offer include:
- Microsurgery of brain and spine
- Craniotomy for many different tumors and brain malfunctions, which involves surgery inside of the skull
- Endoscopic brain surgery
- Spinal fusions with the latest technology, including implantable cages, plates, screws and other devices
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Laminectomy procedures for herniated discs, which is a minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Lumbar disc replacement
We are proud to also utilize stereotactic image-guided brain and spine surgery, and we own the most advanced image-guided surgical navigation system in our area. This is a computerized tracking system that gives neurosurgeons a detailed map of a patient’s brain structures. It is used in combination with evoked potential monitoring to reduce complications and make neurosurgery safer and more effective.
Patients rely on Southcoast Brain & Spine Center for the latest neurosurgery procedures in Fall River, Dartmouth, New Bedford, Wareham and the surrounding areas of MA and RI.