Receive Quick, Effective Stroke Care at Southcoast Health
At Southcoast Health, we have a team of neurologists, neurosurgeons, radiologists, certified stroke nurses and more to assist with rapid stroke care in Fall River, Dartmouth and Wareham, MA at our hospital locations.
Our award-winning stroke care program is certified by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association (AHA/ASA) and can treat people with stroke-related conditions such as subarachnoid hemorrhage or TIA (transient ischemic attack or “mini-stroke.”
- Aneurysm — bulging of a blood vessel in the brain that can rupture and bleed
- AVM (arteriovenous malformation) — a tangle of blood vessels in the brain
- Stroke — either ischemic or hemorrhagic
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage — bleeding into the space between the brain and its covering
- TIA (transient ischemic attack or “mini-stroke”)
Treating Your Stroke Symptoms in MA & RI
Southcoast Health was recognized by the AHA/ASA through the Get With the Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award in 2015. Our compliance with their standards means we provide the following stroke treatments:
- Clot-busting medicines and catheter-based procedures
- Antithrombotic therapy for ischemic stroke patients
- Anticoagulant therapy for ischemic stroke patients with atrial fibrillation or flutter
- Statin medications for patients with LDL, or “bad” cholesterol, of 100 mg/dL or greater
- Stroke education for patients and caregivers
- Stroke rehabilitation assessments
Stroke symptoms in Spanish and Portuguese
If you are noticing signs of stroke, such as sudden confusion, numbness or weakness, a severe headache and dizziness, come to our emergency department as soon as possible. Our team can determine the cause and severity of stroke and quickly apply the proper treatment. Timing is the most important factor in stroke care and recovery.
In case of a stroke in southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island, know that our neurologists and stroke care experts have you in good hands. We can even provide a caring environment for stroke recovery through personalized rehabilitation like occupational and speech therapy. Find a neurologist near you today to learn more about our stroke program.
Southcoast Health provides efficient stroke treatment in Fall River, Dartmouth, New Bedford and Wareham, MA, as well as parts of Rhode Island.