Comprehensive Neurological Rehabilitation in MA
Neurological rehabilitation focuses on evaluating and treating people with muscle and nervous system problems that affect their physical and mental ability.
Along with a referring doctor, your neuro rehab team at Southcoast Health may include:
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
Our therapists are experts in preventing and minimizing disability, helping our patients live as fully as possible. Find a neurological therapist at a Southcoast Rehabilitation Services location in southeastern Massachusetts to develop an individualized treatment plan to meet your specific needs.
Do I Need Neuro Rehab?
Your doctor may recommend a rehabilitation program if you have or had:
- Problems with cognitive function, including memory loss, confusion and difficulty concentrating
- Problems with movement, including muscle spasticity or stiffness that makes daily activities difficult
- A neurological injury that has caused chronic pain, weakness or limited function
- Surgery, especially a major surgery with a difficult recovery
- Nervous system damage from diabetic neuropathy, stroke or other neurological conditions that affect your ability to function and take care of yourself
- A child who has a disabling neurological condition, including cerebral palsy
Neuro Rehab Services at Southcoast Health
Common rehabilitation services include:
- Adaptive equipment and assistive device recommendations: Orthotics, limb or body braces, prostheses, wheelchairs and communication devices
- Hand therapy: Splinting, range of motion, strengthening and sensory discrimination
- Occupational therapy: Relearning daily activities, regaining control of arms and hands, and using equipment to function independently
- Physical therapy: Therapeutic exercises, manual therapy techniques, functional training and neuromuscular re-education to improve strength, mobility and overall function
- Speech-language therapy: Swallowing therapy and speech therapy to improve speaking, communication, thinking, memory, understanding, reading, writing and swallowing