Specialized & Advanced Surgery Close to Home
For those undergoing surgery in Fall River, Dartmouth, New Bedford, MA or surrounding areas, Southcoast Health offers trusted and compassionate care for a variety of surgical services.
Surgeons at all Southcoast practices perform some of today’s most advanced surgical procedures — from open heart surgery to neurosurgery to minimally invasive procedures — in our state-of-the-art operating rooms located right in your community.
When you choose Southcoast Health for your surgery, we’ll be with you every step from pre-op to recovery, and help you get your health and life back.
Types of Surgeries at Southcoast Health
Our surgical teams are proud to offer a specialty in the following types of surgery:
- General surgery
- Breast surgery
- Cardiac surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Surgical oncology
- Vascular surgery
- Weight loss surgery
- Balloon Sinuplasty
The surgeons at Southcoast focus on using minimally invasive techniques when appropriate, including the da Vinci Surgical System®.
Award-Winning Surgery Team
Our surgery programs have been recognized as some of the best in the country. The following are some of the prestigious awards we have received from Healthgrades.
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery (2012-2014)
- Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™ (2012-2014)
- Ranked among the Top 5% in the Nation for Cardiac Surgery (2012-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Bypass Surgery (2012-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Valve Surgery (2012-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures (2006-2014)
- Ranked Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Bariatric Surgery in 2013
- Recipient of Healthgrades Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award™ in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient of Overall Bariatric Surgery (2009/2010-2013)
- Prostate Surgeries Excellence Award™ (2013-2014)
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Prostate Surgeries (2013-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Transurethral Prostate Resection Surgeries (2013-2014)
Find a Surgeon in MA or RI
Start your journey to better health today by locating a surgeon near you or contacting us online to learn more about our surgical services in southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We also provide information on how to prepare for surgery at our hospitals.
Southcoast Health offers an expertise in surgery for patients in Fall River, Dartmouth, New Bedford, Wareham, MA and parts of RI through Southcoast Surgery Center, Charlton Memorial Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital and Tobey Hospital.