Improve Your Daily Functions with Occupational Therapy at Southcoast Health
Occupational therapy (OT) helps people regain independence in their daily activities or occupations. You may receive occupational therapy in a variety of settings, including hospitals, private practice, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, and schools.
If you need occupational therapy in southeastern Massachusetts, Southcoast Health can help you successfully regain and develop the skills you need for functioning independently.
Conditions Treated by Our Occupational Therapists in MA
If you’ve experienced physical, developmental limitations because of an injury or illness, Southcoast Health’s rehabilitation services offers a wide range of occupational therapy options in southeastern MA.
Occupational therapy treats conditions including:
- Age-related issues, including low vision, aging in your own home, cognitive problems, unsafe driving and dementia
- Cancer and cancer treatment, including pain, weakness, fatigue, lymph edema recovering from surgery and treating side effects
- Cognitive and Developmental disorders, including ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), autism and developmental delays
- Genetic and congenital conditions, including birth defects, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, spina bifida and muscular dystrophy
- Mental health conditions, including post-traumatic stress, depression, mood disorders and substance abuse
- Musculoskeletal disorders, including arthritis, joint replacements, sprains, broken bones and tendon injuries of the hand, wrist & forearm.
- Neurological disorders, including stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis
- Occupational and overuse injuries, including tennis or golfer’s elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, plantar fasciitis? and tendonitis
- Pain disorders, such as fibromyalgia, migraines, and neck and back pain
- Traumatic injuries, including spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, severe burns and upper limb or digit amputations
- Occupational Therapy Services at Southcoast
The goal of occupational therapy at Southcoast is to enhance your health and well-being, as well as help you achieve an optimal balance of independence and satisfaction by maximizing your ability to participate as fully as you can in everyday activities.
Occupational therapy services at Southcoast Health include:
- Activities of daily living training for self and family & caregivers
- Assistive device training
- Splinting and Orthotics
- Body mechanics training
- Cognitive training
- Environment modifications
- Low vision modifications
- Musculoskeletal interventions including therapeutic exercise
- Neuromuscular retraining
- Treatments to help reduce joint pain and inflammation and joint treatments
- Return to work programs
- Sensory integration training
To learn more about how occupational therapy can help you improve your functionality, call a Southcoast Rehabilitation Services location near you.
Southcoast Health helps patients of all ages regain mobility by offering occupational therapy in Fall River and Dartmouth, MA.