Find Nutritional Information & Education in MA & RI
Nutrition plays a key role in your overall health. At Southcoast Health, our physicians and nutritionists are here to help you learn how to make healthy eating choices through a variety of nutritional information and education in southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Find a primary care provider or a nutritionist near you today for health information that’s customized to your unique health needs.
Learn to Have a Healthy Diet
The Dietary Guidelines for Americans suggests the following for healthy eating habits:
- Follow a healthy dietary pattern at every stage of life
- Eat a variety of nutritious foods
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Choose a diet low in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and grain products
- Use sugars and salt only in moderation
- If you drink alcoholic beverages, do so in moderation (up to one per day for women and up to two per day for men)
When planning a meal, pay attention to the variety of foods, nutrient density and serving size.
Look to Southcoast Health for Nutrition Advice
By following the above guidelines and watching what you eat, you can enjoy better health and reduce your risk of diseases like:
As part of our wellness and prevention services, you can learn more about nutrition and having a healthy diet by scheduling an appointment with your primary care provider or visiting us at the Southcoast Wellness Van at a nearby location.
Southcoast Health provides nutritional information and education in Fall River, Dartmouth, New Bedford and Wareham, MA, as well as surrounding areas of Rhode Island.