Volunteer Opportunities at Southcoast VNA
Volunteers are a vital part of Southcoast VNA’s supportive care services and participate in a variety of roles that help support our goal to provide the best quality care possible. Volunteering for Southcoast VNA is a very special gift to the patients and families we serve in the South Coast.
Volunteer roles include:
- Patient care — Providing companionship to patients by giving them a caring friend to talk with
- Pastoral care — Under the direction of the hospice chaplain, pastoral volunteers assist dying patients in his or her own spiritual journey
- Bereavement companions — Companions assist grieving family members with emotional support through personal visits and telephone calls
- Vigil support — Volunteers trained to spend time with patients who are actively dying
- Office support — Provide time assisting with office tasks, including preparing mailings, answering telephone calls, helping with events, etc.
- Camp Angel Wings — Co-lead a small group of children, assist with a grief activity or provide general assistance
Volunteer Training & Support
All new volunteers are provided training on all aspects of supportive care. Training for new volunteers is held on a monthly basis. In addition, we offer ongoing support to our volunteers with monthly meetings and a volunteer newsletter.
If you would like to volunteer with Southcoast VNA, call (508) 973-3219. We are proud to offer volunteering in communities across southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Southcoast VNA offers many volunteer opportunities in southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.