Why Choose Southcoast Visiting Nurse Association?
We know you have a choice when selecting your home health care provider. You can be assured that when you choose Southcoast VNA, you are getting the best care possible.
Here are some facts that help us stand out Southcoast VNA in MA and RI:
- Serving the community for more than 110 years
- Nonprofit agency that provides care without regard to ability to pay
- Certified by Medicare and Medicaid and accepts most major insurers
- Provides services in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- Accredited by The Joint Commission, a national symbol of quality
- Provides services 24 hours a day, including holidays and weekends
- Employs highly trained, screened and credentialed health care professionals
- A part of Southcoast Health, a community-based health delivery system
Read about why our patients chose Southcoast VNA, as well as commonly asked questions about the organization.
Mission, Vision & History of Southcoast VNA
Southcoast VNA is committed to providing highquality, comprehensive health and hospice services in the home setting, as well as community-based programs, which foster improvement and maintenance of health, prevention of disease and disability, and compassionate end-of-life care.
Southcoast VNA will be the leading provider of home health, hospice care and community-based health programs in Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island by:
- Exceeding patient expectations
- Demonstrating clinical excellence
- Providing compassionate, caring service
- Achieving clinical outcomes that exceed expectations
Southcoast VNA was established in 1905 as the Taunton Visiting Nurse Association in response to the growing public health needs of the ill, injured and dying in the Greater Taunton Community. Today, we are one of the largest nonprofit home health agencies in the region. With over 300 dedicated employees and 100 volunteers, we care for more than 9,000 patients every year.
- Visiting Nurse Associations of America
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- VNA Consortium
- Hospice Federation of Massachusetts
- Rhode Island Partnership for Home Care
- Home Care Alliance
Home health and hospice and palliative care services are provided by highly skilled and competent health care professionals — many with advanced training, certification and experience — and encompass a personalized care plan designed to meet the health care needs of every patient. Southcoast VNA’s clinical team consists of physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers and home health aides.
Come join our home health care team and discover where the VNA can take you. If you’re looking for a career that is both professionally challenging and personally rewarding, Southcoast VNA might have the perfect job waiting for you. Click here to learn more about the many career opportunities at Southcoast VNA.
Contact Southcoast VNA in MA & RI
Would you like more information about our services and quality care at Southcoast VNA? Explore our service area across the South Coast, then contact our Customer Care Center at (800) 698-6877 to learn more or to schedule a visit.
Southcoast VNA has a 110-year history of serving the South Coast community with dependable, compassionate home health care services in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.