Supporting Children in Our Community with Camp Angel Wings in MA
Camp Angel Wings is a two-day bereavement camp in Assonet, MA for children and teens, ages six through 15 who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
Camp Angel Wings was developed for children and teens who share similar experiences with grief. The camp provides them with an educational, therapeutic experience that is also enjoyable. The camp helps counter a sense of isolation that children can feel after losing a loved one. Participating in activities such as swimming, focused arts and crafts activities, and small discussion groups can help children and teens explore their many thoughts and feelings about grief. It also encourages them to try new or familiar activities that help them feel good about themselves.
Our camp activities include:
- Team building
- Sharing of loss
- Focused arts and crafts
- Activities memorializing loved ones
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks
In addition to fun-filled activities, Camp Angel Wings:
- Gives children and teens the opportunity to remember their loved ones
- Is staffed by hospice nurses, licensed social workers, chaplains, trained volunteers and caring members of the community who have a heart for helping people
- Allows boys and girls to be themselves and grieve without feeling pressured
- Helps reduce the sense of isolation while improving self esteem
Read the Camp Angel Wings brochure to see all that our camp offers.
Here’s a look at how our volunteers and donors are affecting the lives of children in our community:
Sign Up for Camp Angel Wings
To learn more about Camp Angel Wings or to sign up, call (508) 973-3426 or email email@example.com.
Support Camp Angel Wings
There are many ways that you can help Camp Angel Wings. Volunteers are needed to serve as camp counselors, activity leaders/assistant or general help. Visit our volunteer page or call 508-973-3219 to learn more.
Your donation to Camp Angel Wings will ensure that every child attends camp at no cost.
2018 Camp Angel Wings
July 14 and 15, 2018
North Main Street, Assonet, MA
Through Southcoast VNA, Camp Angel Wings provides bereavement support to children in the South Coast community.