Treat an Eye Infection or Injury at Southcoast Health Urgent Care
Eye infections and injuries are common conditions that can often be managed at home. However, they sometimes require attention from a medical professional.
The expert team at Southcoast Health Urgent Care is equipped to care for your eye infection or injury in Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Fall River, Lakeville, Seekonk and Wareham, MA.
Urgent Care for Eye Infection & Injury Symptoms in Southeastern MA
Symptoms of an eye infection, like pink eye, include itching, burning, redness, watery eye and crustiness. See an eye doctor if your symptoms last several days or if you have severe pain, intense redness, blurry vision or sensitivity to light.
For an eye injury, seek medical care at a nearby Southcoast Health Urgent Care for these symptoms:
- Pain, redness or watering
- Blood in the clear part of the eye
- Foreign object in the eye or under the eyelid that won’t flush out
- Swelling of the eyelids and areas around the eye
- Minor injuries to the eye
Convenient Treatment for Infected & Injured Eyes
Until you can receive treatment at your nearest urgent care location, remember these tips:
- Do not touch or rub the eye.
- Do not apply pressure to the eye.
- Do not try to remove an object stuck in the eye.
- Do not apply ointment or any other medication to the eye.
- Apply a cold compress, but not pressure, for a blow to the eye.
- Do not flush the eye if the eyeball is cut or punctured. Instead, place something over the eye to shield it.
- Flush the eye for chemical exposures and small debris in the eye.
Your eye treatment will depend on the injury or infection. If necessary, your urgent care provider will refer you to an ophthalmologist in the Southcoast Health network for comprehensive, seamless care.
Southcoast Health Urgent Care offers eye infection and injury treatment in southeastern Massachusetts and parts of Rhode Island at our clinics in Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Fall River, Lakeville, Seekonk and Wareham, MA.