Care for Yeast Infections & Other Gynecological Infections in Southeastern MA & RI
Gynecological infections can cause uncomfortable symptoms like pain, inflammation, redness, itchiness and an urge to urinate. Find relief with the help of an urgent care provider at Southcoast Health Urgent Care. With compassionate care, our experts address gynecological infections in Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Fall River, Lakeville, Seekonk and Wareham, MA as well as Middletown, RI.
Common gynecological infections we treat include:
- Yeast infection
- STI/STDs (sexually transmitted infections or diseases such as HPV, HIV, herpes, syphilis, chlamydia or gonorrhea)
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Interstitial cystitis
Our clinics are equipped with the latest technologies and open to the public. Select your nearest location, save your spot in line and wait at home for the most convenient care. We also accept walk-ins, with no appointment necessary.
What Causes Infection?
Tiny organisms called bacteria, fungi and viruses live all around us, and our bodies’ immune systems usually keep bad germs at bay. Your risk of infection may increase through:
- Sexual activity
- Changes in hormone levels, especially during pregnancy and perimenopause
- Foreign objects or materials, such as a catheter, diaphragm or sex toys
- Decreased immunity caused by a medical treatment or condition that weakens your immune system
- Certain medications, such as antibiotics, corticosteroids and immunosuppressant drugs
- Other medical conditions like diabetes
Treatment for GYN Infections at Southcoast Health Urgent Care
Most infections that affect women’s reproductive and urinary tracts are fungal or bacterial. Once we’ve diagnosed the issue, your urgent care provider will create a treatment plan to relieve your symptoms. Common treatments are antibiotics and antifungal medication.
If you have frequent gynecological infections, one of our urgent care providers can refer you to an experienced gynecologist in the Southcoast Health system. We make your care as seamless and convenient as possible. That’s More than medicine.
Southcoast Health Urgent Care serves women throughout southeastern Massachusetts and parts of Rhode Island by treating gynecological infections in Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Fall River, Lakeville, Seekonk, Wareham, MA and Middletown, RI.