Comprehensive Services from OB/GYNs in Southeastern MA
Gynecology is a medical specialty that centers on the health needs of adolescent and adult women. Gynecologists have advanced training in the medical and surgical care of the female reproductive system. Most also provide care for pregnant women and their unborn children. This is the practice of obstetrics. These doctors often go by the name obstetrician/gynecologist, or OB/GYN.
You can find a variety of gynecology services from the OB/GYNs in North Dartmouth, MA and the surrounding areas at Southcoast Health. Contact us to learn more or set up a consultation.
Gynecologic Conditions Treated
Our gynecologists treat women’s general health issues and conditions of the female reproductive system, including:
- Breast health, including breast cancer and fibrocystic breast disease
- Infections, including yeast infection and PID (pelvic inflammatory disease)
- Preconception health, including pregnancy planning, infertility and genetic counseling
- Sexual health, including menopause, STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), sexual dysfunction, and sexual assault and violence against women
Gynecologic Services We Provide at Southcoast
Our gynecologists at Southcoast offer the following services:
- Breast procedures, including breast exams and breast cyst aspiration
- Cancer screening, including mammogram, Pap smear, and biopsy of the breast, cervix and other reproductive organs
- Chronic disease management, including diabetes, thyroid disease and depression
- Family planning, including oral contraceptives, hormone patches and shots, cervical caps, IUDs (intrauterine devices) and tubal ligation
- General health procedures, including physical examination, immunization, and nutrition and weight counseling
- Hormone treatments, including hormone replacement therapy for menopause symptoms or after a hysterectomy
- Pelvic procedures, including pelvic exams, ovary removal, cervical exam and pelvic organ suspension
- Uterine procedures, including hysterectomy, dilation and curettage (D and C), fibroid embolization and endometrial ablation
Whether you are in need of an annual exam or looking for a second opinion on your health as a woman, you can depend on the expertise of our team of OB/GYNs at Southcoast. Find a specialized doctor near you today.
Southcoast Health provides many gynecological services, such as annual exams, mammograms and hormone replacement therapy, to patients across southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.