Improve Your Strength with Sports Medicine at Southcoast Health
When athletes get injured, they turn to the pros — the sports medicine pros at Southcoast Health. Whether you’re a serious competitor or a weekend warrior, we’ll help you get back in the game.
Southcoast has one of the largest hospital-based sports medicine programs in New England. Our certified athletic trainers work with athletes of all abilities, serving area high schools and colleges to help prevent and treat injuries.
With advanced technology, minimally invasive techniques and experienced physicians, Southcoast is the best place to treat your sports injury. We are proud to offer:
- Experienced orthopedic surgeons with specialized sports medicine training, practicing from Rhode Island to Wareham, who perform more than 1,200 arthroscopic procedures a year.
- A comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation program, including skilled rehab specialists from across the region, so you can recover quickly and safely — close to home.
Athletic Trainers in Our Local High Schools
Our certified athletic trainers (ATCs) at Southcoast are experts in athletic health care. They work in cooperation with physicians, physical therapists and other health professionals to help prevent and treat athletic injuries for athletes ranging from recreational to professional.
Southcoast Health provides athletic trainers to 11 area high schools, delivering care for the medical needs of student athletes by treating a wide variety of injuries and illnesses, including the following:
- Heat stroke and exhaustion
- Compartment syndrome
- Muscle contusions and cramps
- Overuse injuries in children
- Sprains, strains and other soft tissue injuries
Our sports medicine physicians have worked with teams like the Boston Red Sox and Boston Celtics, and many have completed fellowship training in sports medicine at some of the country’s top teaching hospitals.
From orthopedic surgery to rehabilitation and sports medicine programs, you can count on Southcoast Health for the personalized care you need. Find a sports medicine specialist in Fall River, Dartmouth, New Bedford or Wareham or contact us online to learn more.
Southcoast Health offers an expertise in sports medicine throughout southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.