The Baldwin Makepeace Emergency Center at Tobey Hospital Now Open
Patients seeking emergency care should no longer use the Tobey Hospital Emergency Center High Street entrance and should go to the 124 Main Street entrance for emergency care.
Please call 911 if you or someone else is experiencing a medical emergency.
Welcome to the Baldwin Makepeace Emergency Center
The renovation and expansion at Tobey Hospital includes:
- A space totaling 30,000 sq. ft. which can accommodate 40,000 visits annually.
- 27 treatment rooms including dedicated rooms for bariatric patients, behavioral health patients and patients in need of advanced life saving and isolation/decontamination.
- Increased capacity to accommodate the growing needs of the community.
- Larger, private rooms with access to the latest treatment technologies at the bedside.
- Enhanced areas for greater patient comfort, safety, privacy and infection control.
- Improved workspaces for staff and sight lines from a centralized nursing station. Improved triage and hospital throughput, resulting in shorter wait times for everyone needing care.
Caring for our Community
- When you or a loved one need emergency care, you want to know that the very best providers and facilities are accessible – close to home – 24 hours a day; 7 days a week.
- The Tobey Hospital Emergency Center currently treats around 30,000 patients per year. The renovated space can accommodate 40,000 patients per year and will ensure that world-class care is available right here; in the community for years to come.