Camp Angel Wings
July 13 & 14, 2013
Cathedral Camp for Boys & Girls
167 Middleboro Road
East Freetown, Mass.
Some camp activities include:
- Team Building
- Sharing of loss
- Focused arts and crafts
- Activities memorializing loved ones
- Breakfast, lunch & snack
Camp Angel Wings was developed for children and teens who share like experiences in grief. The camp provides them an educational, therapeutic experience that is also an enjoyable one.
The camp counters a sense of isolation that children can feel after losing a loved one. Participating in activities such as swimming, focused arts and crafts activities and small discussion groups where children and teens can explore their many thoughts and feelings about grief. It also encourages them to try new or familiar activities that help them feel good about themselves.
In addition to fun-filled activities, Camp Angel Wings:
- Gives children and teens the opportunity to remember their loved ones.
- Is staffed by hospice nurses, licensed social workers, chaplain, trained volunteers and caring members of the community who have a heart for helping people.
- Allows boys and girls to be themselves and grieve without feeling pressured.
Camp Angel Wings helps reduce the sense of isolation while improving self-esteem for children and teens who share like experiences in grief.
- Healing and grief have no timetable. We work to prepare our campers for the road ahead and give them tools to help make those days more manageable.
- All groups follow a structured schedule of activities. Children are free to participate in activities at their own comfort level.
- Campers ages 6 to 15 can enjoy the waterfront setting which contributes to the healing environment.
For More Information
Camp Angel Wings Director
200 Mill Road
Fairhaven, MA 02719