Southcoast Health Recognized as Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures for Two Years in a Row
Southcoast Health announced that is has been recognized by Healthgrades as a Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures for two years in a row (2019-2020).
Healthgrades is the leading online resource helping consumers make informed decisions to find the right doctor, the right hospital, and the right care.
Dr. Iraklis Gerogiannis, Chief of Cardiac Surgery, shares, “Our cardiac surgery team has always been committed to innovation and has safely and efficiently introduced new technologies…However, our strongest characteristic, above and beyond any new technology or cutting-edge equipment, is our relentless dedication to excellent individualized patient care. Our outstanding staff of surgeons, anesthesiologists, advanced practice providers, nurses, and support personnel is absolutely committed to providing our patients and their families with the highest quality modern care with a human face.”
At Southcoast Health, we understand that having a healthy heart is at the center of a healthy life. That is why we provide Five-Star Cardiac care with our cardiologists, heart specialists, and cardiac surgeons. Great care is essential to you, and Southcoast Health is proud to be nationally recognized for it.
Detailed performance information, such as cohort-specific outcomes data and quality achievements, as well as more information on the Healthgrades 2020 Report to the Nation, including the complete methodology, can be found at www.healthgrades.com/quality.
The following is a full list of 2020 recognitions received by Southcoast Health:
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care for 6 years in a row (2015-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures for 2 years in a row (2019-2020)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award for 11 years in a row (2010-2020)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services for 7 years in a row (2014-2020)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services for 11 years in a row (2010-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease for 12 years in a row (2009-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 10 years in a row (2011-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Esophageal/Stomach Surgeries for 3 years in a row (2018-2020)
For more awards and recognitions please visit, https://www.southcoast.org/about-southcoast-health/southcoast-awards/ and join us throughout February for Heart Month.