St. Luke’s Hospital Auxiliary announces 2015 scholarship winners
NEW BEDFORD, Mass. – The St. Luke’s Hospital Auxiliary, a part of Southcoast Health, recently awarded five $1,000 scholarships to area high school seniors who are pursuing a career in healthcare.
The awards were presented by A. Louise Hughes, Scholarship Chair for the St. Luke’s Hospital Auxiliary, during the annual Scholarship Luncheon held June 9 at the Waterfront Grille in New Bedford.
“It was very difficult to choose from so many talented students,” said Hughes at the event. “We wish the winners success in their chosen field of study.”
The 2015 Scholarship winners are:
- Danielle Barnum, a graduate of Dartmouth High School, will attend the University of Vermont to enter a pre-medical course of studies with a focus on becoming an oncology physician.
- Logan Crane, a graduate of Dartmouth High School, will attend the University of South Carolina to study biology in preparation of becoming a dentist.
- Alexander Czuchra, a graduate of Bishop Stang High School, will attend Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) to pursue a degree in biomedical engineering.
- Lindsey Foster, a graduate of Dartmouth High School, will attend Drew University to study biochemistry with a focus on becoming a surgeon.
- Bridgette Grime, a graduate of Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School, will attend Bristol Community College to pursue a degree in nursing.
The St. Luke’s Hospital Auxiliary is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to render service to St. Luke’s Hospital, its tax-exempt subsidiaries, its patients and to assist in promoting the health and welfare of the community.
Joining the Auxiliary is a great way to become involved in your community hospital. Members serve as ambassadors to the community on behalf of the hospital. For more information or to join, please contact Agatha Saint Amour at 508-973-7472 or by email at email@example.com