June 1st kicks off Pride Month, which will be celebrated at Southcoast with many special events and feature stories. Please join us as we honor the accomplishments, dignity, and equality of our LGBTQIA+ employees, patients, and community members.
Southcoast Health is doing More to mark this year’s annual Pride Month celebration.
As we honor the accomplishments, dignity, and equality of our LGBTQIA+ employees, patients, and community members, we’re also collectively achieving several significant milestones, including:
- The establishment of the LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Group (ERG), which encourages LGBTQIA+ colleagues and allies to network and participate in projects that are engaging and supportive. Chuck Cusson Jr., Executive Director, Talent Management and Organizational Capability, will lead the LGBTQIA+ ERG. Chuck joined Southcoast Health in December 2021.
- The launch of the LGBTQIA+ Welcoming & Knowledgeable project, designed to reduce healthcare disparities and to improve the care experience for our LGBTQIA+ patients. The key components of this project include an upgrade to our electronic medical record to accommodate the special needs of this community and comprehensive cultural awareness training to support an environment of understanding and respect.
- The publication of an internal Transitioning Resource Guide that outlines practical considerations for employees beginning the transition from one gender to another, as well as LGBTQIA+ training for all Southcoast Health employees, focusing our cultural competency training on the LGBTQIA+ population.
In addition, you are invited and welcome to join the Pride Month festivities we have planned:
- A Southcoast Health booth at the LGBTQIA+ Network Pride event at Buttonwood Park on Saturday, June 4, from 11am to 3pm.
- A chalk artist event on the “Path to Understanding” at Charlton Memorial on Thursday, June 16, 4pm-6pm.
- A Tuesday, June 28, virtual panel event featuring Southcoast providers who are members and allies of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Featured stories across social media about LGBTQIA+ Southcoast staff.
Happy Pride! Stay safe and enjoy!
Celebrating Our Colleagues
Southcoast Health actively supports and embraces a welcoming and inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Please click on the photos below and visit Faces of Southcoast for their stories.
For more information please visit Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Southcoast Health | Southcoast Health