Please report on any activity — during your work hours or as a volunteer for community organizations — that support Southcoast’s Community Benefits goals and initiatives.
- Reducing high rates of youth risk behaviors such as teen pregnancy and youth violence.
- Reducing high rates of cardiovascular and other chronic diseases such as diabetes and asthma.
- Improving access to health care for un or under-insured families
- Expanding cancer screenings and education.
- Addressing health disparities among certain racial, ethnic and demographic groups.
- Advocacy, development and support of programs that address making changes in our communities that will help residents stay healthy. Examples include volunteer work to create local biking and walking trails, improve nutrition in our schools, reduce the high rate of smoking, create more healthy recreation options for youth and make our communities safer.
If you have any questions about this Community Benefits form, please contact Kerry Mello, Community Benefits Manager, at 508-973-5273.