Community Benefits Reporting at Southcoast Health
From doctors to nurses to staff, we at Southcoast Health are committed to improving the health of you and your family. That’s why we encourage our employees to spend time in community outreach in Fall River, New Bedford, Wareham, MA and nearby areas.
Southcoast employees can report on any activity, whether during work hours or when volunteering for a community organization, that supports Southcoast’s Community Benefits goals and initiatives.
- Reducing high rates of youth risk behaviors, such as teen pregnancy and youth violence
- Reducing high rates of cardiovascular and other chronic diseases, such as diabetes and asthma
- Improving access to health care for uninsured or underinsured families
- Expanding cancer screenings and education
- Addressing health disparities among certain racial, ethnic and demographic groups
- Advocacy, development and support of programs that address making changes in our communities that promote health. Examples include volunteer work to create local biking and walking trails, improve nutrition in our schools, reduce the smoking rate, create more healthy recreation options for youth, and make our communities safer.
We love to hear about the work our employees do inside and outside of the hospital or practice to support this mission. If you have any questions about our community benefits reporting form, please contact Rachel Davis, Community Benefits Manager, at (508) 973-5273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your work, please fill out our community benefits reporting form.