Auxiliary of Charlton Memorial Hospital awards college scholarships to Greater Fall River students
FALL RIVER, Mass. — Southcoast Health announced today that the Auxiliary of Charlton Memorial Hospital has awarded $5,000 in college scholarships to five Greater Fall River students who are pursuing a career in healthcare.
The scholarships were presented by Marcia Liggin, Scholarship Chair for the Auxiliary of Charlton Memorial Hospital, during a luncheon on June 7 at Bittersweet Farm in Westport.
This year’s Auxiliary of Charlton Memorial Hospital scholarship winners are:
- Emily Canuel, a graduate of Somerset/Berkley Regional High School, who will be attending the University of Rhode Island to become a pharmacist.
- Hailey Charest, a graduate of Westport High School, who will be studying pharmaceutical science at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Brianna Lee Smith, a graduate of Diman Regional Technical High School, who will attend Johnson & Wales University to become a physician’s assistant.
- Kelsey Teixeira, a graduate of Diman Regional Technical High School, who will study nursing at Regis College.
- Ally Toupin, a graduate of Diman Regional Technical High School, who will begin studies in occupational therapy at Bristol Community College.
The Auxiliary of Charlton Memorial Hospital, founded in 1956, is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to render service to Charlton Memorial Hospital, its tax-exempt subsidiaries, its patients and to assist in promoting the health and welfare of the community. The Auxiliary raises money throughout the year by hosting fundraisers, a spring gala, raffles, and jewelry and apparel sales. Joining the Auxiliary is a great way to become involved in your community hospital. Members serve as ambassadors to the community on behalf of the hospital. For more information or to join, please call 508-679-7038.