Southcoast Health is partnering with FUN 107 and WBSM to hold a Radiothon to benefit Pediatric Care on Friday, June 17 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Radiothon will be broadcast live from the lobby of St. Luke’s Hospital with phone banks set up on the mezzanine. The event will raise funds for pediatric services by asking listeners to call in and donate. The broadcast will feature patient and provider stories and donor highlights.
For more information please contact Amy Winn-Blier at 508-973-5358
- Southcoast services children at all of their facilities including Charlton, St. Luke’s and Tobey Hospitals and we offer pediatric primary care services at multiple locations from East Bay Rhode Island to Wareham, MA
- Southcoast Hospitals recently developed a partnership with Children's Hospital Boston Children's Hospital Physicians are on site at St. Luke's Hospital 24 hours per day 7 days per week to provide service to the children in our community
- We provide diagnostic and treatment services and refer children for specialty care when needed
- We provide centralized monitoring for patients that require that service
- The nurses have extensive pediatric experience and provide care in a Family Centered environment
- All staff are Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certified and
Child Life Program
- Children today confront a wide variety of stressful and potentially traumatic events that may overwhelm their natural ability to cope and heal
- Children have distinct needs for managing the effects of stress and trauma
- Child life specialists are professionals trained to work with children and their families in medical settings and help ease the stress of hospitalization and healthcare experiences
The goals of the Child Life Program
- Create a child-friendly, family centered environment
- Minimize anxiety and stress through emotional support, medical preparation, coping interventions, and therapeutic play opportunities
- Provide consultation and intervention services to the health care team regarding child development and the impact of illness, injury and hospitalization on children and families.
- Encourage and enable parent and family involvement.
Hear from two families who have benefitted from having great care for kids, close to home