Southcoast Health recognizes outstanding employees with annual President’s Award for Excellence
NEW BEDFORD, Mass. – Southcoast Health today announced the recipients of the 2015 President’s Award for Excellence. Nominated by their co-workers, the President’s Award recognizes 10 individuals and one team for outstanding performance, integrity and overall quality of services provided.
This year’s recipients were announced at the town hall meetings held throughout the year, and honored by Southcoast Health President & CEO Keith A. Hovan at the holiday gatherings held during the month of December.
Employees are nominated by their peers and selected by a group of previous President’s Award winners for their outstanding performance and willingness to go above and beyond for our patients and their co-workers. All Southcoast Health employees, including members of leadership and physicians, are eligible. There is no limit on the number of times an employee can be nominated. Winners are selected on how well they meet the selection criteria that is based on excellent performance and demonstration of Southcoast Health’s values.
The 2015 President’s Award for Excellence winners are:
- Lynn Berthiaume (Berkley, Mass.) – Cardiac Sonographer – Cardiac Testing Center
- Tarl Brogan (Fall River, Mass.) – PC Tech – MIS
- Candida Couto (Fall River, Mass.) – Patient Care Representative – Occupational Health
- Maureen Decker (New Bedford, Mass.) – Administrative Supervisor – Patient Care Services
- Jessica Fern (South Dartmouth, Mass.) – CT and Interventional Radiology Tech – Radiology
- Caitlin Gates (Rumford, R.I.) – Resource Nurse – Patient Care Services
- Kathy Holmstrom (Fairhaven, Mass.) – Patient Intake Specialist – Care Connect
- Meghan Kelley (New Bedford, Mass.) – Patient Care Representative – Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab
- Joshua Santos (Acushnet, Mass.) – Manager – CT and Interventional Radiology and Ultrasound
- Evelyn Vasconcelos (Somerset, Mass.) – Nurse Manager – Patient Care Services
- Snow Removal Teams at St. Luke’s Hospital, Charlton Memorial Hospital and Tobey Hospital – Tony Alves, Bob Amaral, Phil Araujo, Jamie Bagahna, Bob Bassett, Wayne Bennette, Jane Bernier, Jack Blackburn, Rick Blouin, Matt Caldero, Bob Coache, Manny Correia, Scott Couto, Bob Crepeau, Dave Despres, Roger Dupre, Ed Durand, Steve Farias, Rodney Ferreira, Steve Furtado, Brad Gifford, Hiram Gould, Sam Haddad, Deb Harlow, Joe Hill, Todd Karl, Victor Kasica, Bryan Joachim, Paul Lagasse, Paul Lainey, Bill Laravey, Joe Lima, Peter Maguire, Brad Malloy, Bryan Magurn, Marty Malloch, Jeff Mardin, Terry Martins, Derek McMann, Jared Mello, Jamie Moreau, Steve Morgan, Kyle Motta, Jim Nealan, Matt Olivea, Derek Oliviera, Bob Omelia, Bill Perry, Keith Pigeon, Peter Reed, David Robello, Chris Sharples, Steve Simard, Jim Silva, Chris Souza, Sergio Souza, Paul Tavares, Nelson Terra, Lashawn Toletino, Leo Trainor, Jeff Walker, Aaron Whalley, Jay Whalley, Robert Whalley Jr., Becky Willis, and Tom Wozniak