Applications for our Perioperative 101 Residency Training Program closed on May 14, 2023. Thank you to all who applied, we will be reaching out in the coming weeks if your skills and qualifications match the criteria for this position.
The program is focused on providing the knowledge and competencies required for the professional perioperative nurse. This program welcomes experienced RNs with no OR experience, new graduates, or operating room nurses returning after an extended absence. Current Southcoast employees encouraged to apply.
Participants will learn the theoretical concepts, principles, and skills to care for patients in the perioperative setting, using the recommended practices established by the Association of Perioperative Registered nurses (AORN). The individuals who successfully complete the program will continue their nursing career at Southcoast Health in the surgical operating rooms.
The program begins June 19th and is full-time for six months Monday-Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm with compensation based on experience. The first six weeks consist of didactic portion of the program which includes classroom lectures, skills lab practice and observational experiences in the operating room. This will follow with clinical rotations to the circulating and scrub roles working with a preceptor in various surgical specialties.
Criteria for Successful Completion
- A didactic portion of the class and written exam
- A hands-on scrub portion of program
- Clinical rotations competencies
- Positive feedback from preceptors and direct observation of instructors
- Submission of a completed clinical rotation checklist to the RN educator(s) at the conclusion of the rotation period
- Current Massachusetts RN license/ Obtain Massachusetts RN License by September 2023
- Describe your motivation for wanting to become a perioperative nurse at SCH limited to 200 words
- Reference contact