Southcoast Health is accepting applications for a full-time Family Centered Unit 101 RN Residency Training Program until February 6, 2024.
The program is focused on providing the knowledge and competencies required for the professional maternity nurse. It welcomes experienced RNs with no maternity experience, new graduates, and maternity room nurses returning after an extended absence.
Participants will learn theoretical concepts, principles and skills to care for patients using the recommended practices established by the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN). Individuals who successfully complete the program will continue their nursing career at Southcoast Health in the Family Centered Unit.
The Family Centered Unit 101 RN Residency Training Program will begin on March 11, 2024 and run full-time for six months Monday-Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm. Upon completion of the program, the schedule will be updated to align with the hours of the available positions.
5 Positions Available: 36 hours – 7:15pm-7:15am every other weekend and holiday. 12 hours on-call required per 6 week schedule.
There will be a didactic portion of the program followed with clinical rotations to Labor and Delivery and the Mother Baby Unit with a trained Preceptor.
Criteria for Successful Completion:
- A didactic portion of the class and written exam
- Clinical rotations competencies
- Positive feedback from preceptors and direct observation of instructors
- Submission of a completed clinical rotation checklist to the RN educator(s) at the conclusion of the rotation period
- Current Massachusetts RN license/ Obtain Massachusetts RN License by April 1, 2024
- Describe your motivation for wanting to become a maternity nurse at Southcoast Health limited to 200 words
- Reference contact