Southcoast Recognized for Clinical Excellence
Plus, a list of other recent awards and accreditations
Southcoast Health has received the Healthgrades® Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award™ for 2016, and is the only hospital in Bristol County to have been honored with this distinction.
The award places Southcoast among the top 5 percent of hospitals in the country with the lowest mortality and complication rates over a range of 33 of the most common procedures and diagnoses.
According to Healthgrades, recipients of the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence consistently performed better across all procedures and diagnoses studied. Just 260 of the nation’s nearly 5,000 non-federal hospitals received this distinction.
Additional Awards Received by Southcoast:
- Truven Health Analytics: Named one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals
- Better Doctor: Ranked 1st in New England and 8th in the nation for heart attack care
- Leapfrog Group: Received an A grade in the Fall 2015 Hospital Safety Score
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers: Received three-year accreditation for the Southcoast Breast Center
- Healthgrades 2015 Women’s Health Excellence Award™
- Healthgrades 2015 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
For more, see a complete list of the awards Southcoast has received for providing high-quality care.