A Team of Support with Oncology Rehabilitation at Southcoast Health
Southcoast Health’s rehabilitation professionals are here to support all stages of your cancer journey, from newly diagnosed to post-treatment. We offer services to aid in your recovery from surgery, as well as manage the side effects of radiation and/or chemotherapy.
Our experienced team of specialty trained physical, occupational and speech therapists, as well as audiologists, work together with you and your team of physicians to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your individual needs and goals.
It’s our hope at Southcoast for you to not take the cancer journey alone. Our rehabilitation professionals are here to support your recovery from surgery, as well as help you manage the side effects of radiation and chemotherapy.
It is our goal at Southcoast Health to support you through your cancer journey and ensure you don’t have to do it alone. At Southcoast, we have therapists with advanced training in oncology rehabilitation in Fall River and Fairhaven, MA. Our physical, occupational and speech therapists work together with you and your team of physicians to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your needs and goals.
Get Back to Your Life with Oncology Rehabilitation in MA
Our commitment is to maximize your functional abilities and help you achieve the best quality of life possible.
Your rehabilitation professionals can address:
- Cancer-related fatigue
- Home exercise program development and instruction
- Lymphedema treatment and management, including head and neck
- Mobility and gait training
- Numbness/tingling in your hands and/or feet due to chemotherapy
- Pain management
- Post-prostatectomy, pelvic pain conditions, and urinary and fecal incontinence
- Range of motion and flexibility
- Activities of daily living, such as homemaking and dressing
- Energy conservation techniques
- Modifications to the home environment
- Cognitive changes
- Communication needs
- Home treatment program instruction
- Swallowing issues
- Complete hearing assessment
- Hearing aid evaluation
- Vestibular (balance) assessment
- Decrease fatigue
- Improved fitness
- Improved quality of life
- Weight management
To determine if you may benefit from a referral to Southcoast Rehabilitation Services, please use our self-assessment form. You may wish to print out the assessment to help discuss your needs with your physician.
Southcoast Health offers a variety of specialized oncology rehabilitation services in the Greater Fall River, New Bedford and Wareham areas.