A Team of Support with Oncology Rehabilitation at Southcoast Health
Southcoast’s rehabilitation professionals are here to support all stages of your cancer journey, from newly diagnosed to post-treatment. We offer services to aid in your recovery from surgery, as well as manage the side effects of radiation and/or chemotherapy.
Our experienced team of specialty trained physical, occupational and speech therapists, as well as audiologists and exercise physiologists, work together with you and your team of physicians to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your individual needs and goals.
It’s our hope at Southcoast for you to not take the cancer journey alone. Our rehabilitation professionals are here to support your recovery from surgery, as well as help you manage the side effects of radiation and chemotherapy.
It is our goal at Southcoast Health to support you through your cancer journey and ensure you don’t have to do it alone. At Southcoast, we have therapists with advanced training in oncology rehabilitation in Fall River and Fairhaven, MA. Our physical, occupational and speech therapists work together with you and your team of physicians to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your needs and goals.
Get Back to Your Life with Oncology Rehabilitation in MA
Our commitment is to maximize your functional abilities and help you achieve the best quality of life possible.
Your rehabilitation professionals can address:
- Range of motion and flexibility
- Mobility and gait training
- Lymphedema treatment and management, including head and neck
- Pain management
- Post-prostatectomy, pelvic pain conditions, and urinary and fecal incontinence
- Home exercise program development and instruction
- Cancer-related fatigue
- Numbness/tingling in your hands and/or feet due to chemotherapy
- Energy conservation techniques
- Activities of daily living, such as homemaking and dressing
- Modifications to the home environment
- Swallowing issues
- Cognitive changes
- Communication needs
- Home treatment program instruction
- Complete hearing assessment
- Vestibular (balance) assessment
- Hearing aid evaluation
- Decrease fatigue
- Weight management
- Improved fitness
- Improved quality of life
To determine if you may benefit from a referral to Southcoast Rehabilitation Services, please use our self-assessment form. You may wish to print out the assessment to help discuss your needs with your physician.
Southcoast Health offers a variety of specialized oncology rehabilitation services in the Greater Fall River, New Bedford and Wareham areas.