Comprehensive Sleep Medicine Services
The sleep experts from Southcoast Physician Services can help. We can diagnose — and treat — your sleep problem.
Good Night ~ Sleep Right
Sleeping isn't always as easy as it looks. Here are some tips to improve your rest:
- Get up about the same time each day.
- Go to bed only when sleepy.
- Establish pre-sleep routines.
- Exercise regularly.
- Keep a regular schedule.
- Avoid caffeine within 6 hours of bedtime.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- If napping is necessary, establish a regular schedule.
- Use sleeping pills conservatively.
- Stop smoking.
A Sleep Glossary
Sleep Apnea: Frequent collapse of the breathing passageway during sleep, can be life threatening.
Narcolepsy: Excessive daytime drowsiness with tendency to sleep at inappropriate times.
Circadian Rhythms: Include body temperature, sleep and wakefulness, and a variety of hormonal changes.
Restless Leg Syndrome: A crawling sensation in the calves or thighs and occurs when the person is sitting or lying down.