Makepeace Wound Care Center at Tobey Hospital
Wound Treatment in Wareham, MA
At Southcoast Health, our providers are dedicated to enhancing the lives of patients every day. If you have an injury that isn’t healing properly or requires special medical attention, you can turn to the experts at Southcoast Health Wound Care Center in Wareham, MA. Each member of our team is highly skilled and experienced in the treatment of a wide variety of conditions, including traumatic or surgical wounds, pressure ulcers, burns, and more.
Why Choose Our Wareham Practice for Wound Treatment?
Our wound specialists at Southcoast Health use the latest advances in technology to provide patients with the most accurate diagnosis and a personalized care plan. They also have extensive experience performing surgical treatments for hard-to-heal wounds. When you choose our practice in Wareham, we will ensure that you receive the highest quality care possible.
Where to Find Southcoast Health Wound Care Center
You can find Southcoast Health Wound Care Center at 43 High Street. Our care center is located within Tobey Hospital.
Wound Care Specialties and Services in MA
At Southcoast Health Wound Care, our physicians work closely with other healthcare professionals in the area to provide patients and their families with the following wound care services in Wareham:
- Surgical debridement
- Your wound will be thoroughly cleaned of any thickened, infected, or nonviable tissue, foreign debris to ensure that it heals properly and reduce the risk of further complications.
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Negative pressure wound therapy may be recommended by our medical staff if you have a long-lasting wound or ulcer. Your provider will fit layers of foam dressing in your wound and be sealed with a tube attached. A small machine will draw fluid out of the wound to help it heal.
- Bioengineered tissue products
- Bio-engineered skin and soft tissue substitutes may be derived from human tissue, nonhuman tissue, synthetic materials, of a combination of the three. At our Wareham wound treatment facility, this may be used for ulcers and severe burns.
Insurance and Payment Options
Southcoast Health Wound Care Center in Wareham accepts most major health insurance plans. For certain services, a referral may be required. Please contact your insurer directly with any questions related to coverage. Also, please provide personal identification and proof of insurance when you arrive at the office. Payment is expected at the time of your appointment.
Comprehensive Wound Care at Southcoast Health
Southcoast Health provides comprehensive and compassionate wound care to patients in a safe and comfortable office setting. We are committed to being your trusted source for high-quality medical care, whenever you need it. To ensure that your wound is treated correctly and can heal fully and properly, please contact us today to schedule an appointment by calling 508-273-4700.