Wound Treatment in New Bedford, MA
At Southcoast Health, our providers are dedicated to enhancing the lives of patients every day. If you have an injury that isn’t healing properly or requires special medical attention, you can turn to the experts at Southcoast Health Wound Care in New Bedford, MA. Each member of our team is highly skilled and experienced in the treatment of a wide variety of conditions, including traumatic or surgical wounds, pressure ulcers, burns, and more.
Why Choose Our New Bedford Practice for Wound Treatment?
Our wound specialists at Southcoast Health use the latest advances in technology to provide patients with the most accurate diagnosis and a personalized care plan. They also have extensive experience performing surgical treatments for hard-to-heal wounds. When you choose our practice in New Bedford, we will ensure that you receive the highest quality care possible.
Where to Find Southcoast Health Wound Care
You can find Southcoast Health Wound Care at 101 Page Street. Our care center is located within St. Luke’s Hospital, between Allen Street and Hawthorn Street.
Wound Care Specialties and Services in MA
At Southcoast Health Wound Care, our physicians work closely with other healthcare professionals in the area to provide patients and their families with the following wound care services in New Bedford:
- Surgical debridement
- Your wound will be thoroughly cleaned of any thickened, infected, or nonviable tissue, foreign debris to ensure that it heals properly and further risks from the wound are minimized.
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Negative pressure wound therapy may be recommended by our medical staff if you have a long-lasting wound, burn, or ulcer. Your provider will fit layers of foam dressing on to your wound and be sealed with a tube attached. A small machine will draw fluid out of the infection to help it heal. If needed, antibiotics and saline may also be applied.
- Bioengineered tissue products
- Bio-engineered skin and soft tissue substitutes may be derived from human tissue, nonhuman tissue, synthetic materials, of a combination of the three. At our New Bedford wound treatment facility, this may be used for ulcers and severe burns.
Insurance and Payment Options
Southcoast Health Wound Care in New Bedford accepts most major health insurance plans. For certain services, a referral may be required. Please contact your insurer directly with any questions related to coverage. Also, please provide personal identification and proof of insurance when you arrive at the office. Payment is expected at the time of your appointment.
Comprehensive Wound Care at Southcoast Health
Southcoast Health provides comprehensive and compassionate wound care to patients in a safe and comfortable office setting. We are committed to being your trusted source for high-quality medical care, whenever you need it. To ensure that your wound is treated correctly and can heal fully and properly, please contact us today to schedule an appointment by calling 508-973-5130.