Please note: At this time, Patient Financial Services will be seeing patients by appointment only. Inpatients and Emergency Room patients will be prioritized.
We are currently unable to accommodate walk-in appointments, however patients can call 508-973-7264 to schedule a Financial Assistance assessment.
Financial Assistance for Patients
Southcoast Hospitals Group will assist patients in applying for financial assistance through state and public assistance programs. We will also work with patients to look at other opportunities to cover patient expenses, including offering payment plans. Financial Counselors are available to assist you. Please call 508-973-5070. You can also visit with a Financial Counselor in person at the following locations:
- St Luke’s Hospital, 101 Page Street, New Bedford, MA 02740
- Charlton Memorial Hospital, 363 Highland Avenue, Fall River, MA 02720
- Tobey Hospital, 43 High Street, Wareham, MA 02571
- Southcoast Center for Cancer Care, 206 Mill Road, Fairhaven MA, 02719
To assist with any questions or concerns that you may have about financial assistance, the following documents are available:
- Financial Assistance Summary: English | Spanish | Portuguese
- Financial Assistance Policy: English | Spanish | Portuguese
- Application for Financial Assistance: English | Spanish
For assistance with your financial application, please contact Patient Financial Services at 508-973-5070.
- Credit and Collection Policy: English | Spanish | Portuguese
These are also available on paper at the above locations or upon request.
Emergency and Medical Necessary Care
Patients are able to receive emergency and medically necessary care at Southcoast Health. The following areas are covered by the Southcoast Hospitals Group Financial Assistance Policy:
- Truesdale Health
- Rosebrook Medical Center
- Center for Women’s Health
- Southcoast Surgery Center
- Southcoast Center for Primary & Specialty Care
- Southcoast Rehabilitation Services (multiple sites)
The providers listed below provide services at Southcoast locations. However, they bill separately and do not offer the same financial assistance programs as Southcoast Hospitals Group. Please contact them directly if you have any questions concerning those bills and possible financial assistance:
- Southcoast Physicians Group
- Associated Physicians of Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians
- First Physicians Corporation
- Anaesthesia Associates of Mass.
- University Pathologists
- Southern New England Radiology
- Coastal Imaging
- Boston Children’s Medical
- Acadia Healthcare
- Hawthorn Medical Associates
- Prima CARE