The Benefits of Hospice from Southcoast VNA
Hospice is a specialized kind of care that offers comfort and support to patients who are no longer seeking active treatment and have a life expectancy of months or weeks. Hospice is a form of supportive care that aims to improve the quality of life and provide pain relief and other comfort measures for terminally ill people.
Members of your hospice team at Southcoast VNA may include physicians, a hospice doctor or medical director, skilled nurses, home health aides, social workers, mental health providers, trained volunteers, physical, occupational and speech therapists, and clergy members.
In most cases, hospice takes place in your home, but we also offer hospice in hospitals, long-term care facilities, nursing homes and freestanding hospice centers.
We have a long history of serving our community with Supportive Care Center. Learn more about hospice at Southcoast VNA or even set up a consultation with our team by calling (800) 698-6877 or contacting us online.
Reasons for Hospice
Southcoast VNA offers hospice care in southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island to patients with terminal illnesses, such as cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and end-stage organ disease. You may want to consider hospice for yourself or a loved if you are in the following situations:
- You have a terminal illness that involves physical or emotional pain and suffering
- You are no longer seeking curative treatment for your disease
- You need relief from symptoms, such as pain, nausea, loss of appetite, anxiety and fatigue
- You want more control over your treatment goals and your quality of life
- You and your family need help with medical decision making, or you need emotional, psychosocial or spiritual support
- You want to remain in your own home instead of being in the hospital
What Hospice in MA & RI at Southcoast VNA Offers
Our hospice include:
- Alternative therapies, including massage, Reiki and aromatherapy
- Assistance with medical decisions, including weighing the pros and cons of various treatment choices
- Coordination of care, including care from any other doctors you need to see
- Spiritual support and counseling, including bereavement services
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
Southcoast VNA offers many supportive care services, including hospice in southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.