The Benefits of Hospice from Southcoast VNA Supportive Care Center
Hospice is a specialized kind of care that offers comfort and support to patients and families who are no longer seeking active treatment and have a life expectancy of months or weeks. Hospice aims to improve the quality of life and provide symptom relief and other comfort measures for people nearing end-of-life.
Southcoast VNA Supportive Care Center hospice includes:
- Management of pain and symptoms
- Assistance with emotional, psycho-social and spiritual aspects of dying
- Drugs, medical supplies and equipment
- Specialty Care including physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Alternative therapies including massage, Reiki and aromatherapy
- Short-term inpatient care when pain or symptoms become too difficult to mange at home
- Bereavement services for surviving family and friends
We have a long history of serving our community with many types of supportive care. Learn more about hospice at Southcoast VNA or set up a consultation with our team by calling (800) 698-6877.
Southcoast VNA Supportive Care Center includes hospice in southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.