Introducing the Southcoast Health Orthopedic Mobile App Your Trusted Patient Coach™ (TPC) for comfort and peace of mind during recovery.
There’s lots to do and think about before, during and after surgery – and Southcoast Health is here to help! We have partnered with Health Helm to offer the Trusted Patient Coach™ Mobile App program to connect our patients with their clinicians before and after surgical procedures.
Staying connected to your provider has many benefits, including:
- Keeping you, your family and your physician connected and “on the same page” throughout your recovery, and preventing complications.
- Getting quick answers to your questions.
- Improving your recovery progress and its monitoring.
How does the Trusted Patient Coach Mobile App work?
Once you download the TPC Mobile App to your phone and register, you will be connected to your care team who will monitor your progress in a variety of ways:
- Daily Questionnaires Via the app, you will receive a simple set of 12 daily questions so your clinician can track your progress and recovery.
- Medication Reporting Reminders Receive scheduled reminders to report your post-surgical medication.
- Real-time HIPAA-secured messaging between you and your clinician Allows secure communication with your clinician so you can ask questions or communicate your status.
- Photo diary capabilities You can even send a photo of your incision site so your clinician can see how you are healing!
5 Easy Steps to Get Started with Trusted Patient Coach
- Install the TPC App. Go to your app store. Search for Trusted Patient Coach. Tap “GET” or “INSTALL” when the HealthHelm app displays.
- Open TPC to Register. Tap “OPEN” to access the TPC login page and tap Register.
- Enter your Login Username, Patient First Name, Patient Last Name, and Contact email address. Tap Register after entering your information.
- Set up a Password. You will receive an email from email@example.com.
- Click the link in the email to set up a password.
You will receive a confirmation email when your registration is complete.
What you can expect when using Trusted Patient Coach (TPC) as part of your recovery:
- Upon registration, you will receive an initial “check in” survey via the app.
- Five days before your surgery, the TPC app will remind you to do a few simple pre-surgery tasks.
- While you are in the hospital, TPC will be silent and you will have no tasks to complete.
- Four days after your surgery, the TPC app will become active again. You will start receiving your simple daily questionnaire and helpful medication reminders.
- Your clinician will check in with you via TPC messaging during your recovery.
- You will also receive periodic short questions and check ins. e.g., on your satisfaction with your support, and your clinical team.
- Your use of TPC continues through your recovery, ending after 30 days. TPC can be used by you on your own smart phone or tablet, or by your coach / family member.