Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation in Southeastern MA & RI
At Southcoast Health, we want to do all we can to reduce risk factors for heart problems, as well as help you recover from a heart event or heart surgery. That’s why we offer cardiac rehabilitation in Fall River, New Bedford and Wareham, MA as part of our rehab services.
Our cardiac rehabilitation outpatient program uses a multidisciplinary approach to develop an individualized plan for your recovery. Your team may include nurses, physical therapists, dietitians and exercise physiologists. Through education and exercise, you will learn ways to make your lifestyle healthier and decrease your risk of developing another cardiac event.
Join Our Cardiac Rehab Outpatient Program for a Healthy Heart
Cardiac rehab is an individualized exercise program within a group setting and directed by health professionals. This program includes cardiac monitoring during exercise and teaching sessions on risk factor modification, such as diet, stress management, depression, exercise and smoking cessation.
Our program involves 90-minute classes offered at various times throughout the day, and is structured for those who are recovering from a heart attack, heart surgery or angioplasty, angina and heart failure.
Cardiopulmonary rehab can help heart patients to:
- Initiate a lifelong routine of exercise and risk factor modification
- Learn to manage your cardiac disease and prevent rehospitalization
- Promote the recovery process from a heart attack or heart surgery, and maintain an optimal level of wellness
- Increase your tolerance for exercise and activity
- Learn about prescribed medications
- Return to work and previous level of fitness
- Develop healthy eating habits and learn about nutrition
- Deal with stress and depression, and learn healthy coping mechanisms
- Cope with emotional or social problems that may arise during your recovery
Pulmonary Rehab Outpatient Program
The pulmonary rehabilitation program at Southcoast Health is a structured exercise and education program for people with pulmonary disease, such as:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Lung transplant
In our pulmonary rehab program, you’ll learn better breathing techniques and ways to manage your lung disease and prevent hospitalization. Our rehab specialists will teach you how to deal with shortness of breath, depression, anxiety and stress; tools to increase exercise and activity tolerance; and to develop strategies to manage daily activities. This program involves 90-minute classes of individualized exercise within a group setting and oxygen saturation monitoring during exercise and education sessions.
Most insurance policies cover cardiac and pulmonary rehab. If you need assistance, financial counseling is available to help plan for your care.
Along with cardiac rehab, Southcoast Health offers pulmonary rehabilitation in southeastern Massachusetts.