Close Care for Lung Cancer Patients with Our Thoracic Clinic in Fall River, MA
The diagnosis of lung cancer is both frightening and confusing. You and your family need answers and the best treatment options as quickly as possible. Our multidisciplinary Thoracic Clinic at Southcoast Health is designed to support lung cancer patients across southeastern Massachusetts with streamlined diagnosis and treatment.
As with many types of cancer, there are differences in the treatment and management of lung malignancies. Our dedicated clinic brings together many experts who focus on each patient to create an individualized, coordinated plan of care.
A Team of Experts at the Southcoast Health Cancer Center
Studies have shown that a multidisciplinary approach is the gold standard for lung cancer treatment, and it results in better outcomes for patients.
That’s why we offer an experienced clinical team at Southcoast Health, including:
- Thoracic surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, as well as pulmonologists
- Oncology nurses, and respiratory and radiation therapists
- Social workers, nutritionists and dietitians
- Patient navigator to coordinate all of your care
The patient and family, together with the primary and consulting physicians, are also critical members of our team.
Access to the Latest Treatment Options for Lung Cancer
With the significant developments in lung cancer treatment in recent years, we are able to provide the very latest technology at the Southcoast Health Cancer Center.
Our advanced thoracic care includes:
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) — a minimally invasive approach to lung surgery performed by thoracic surgeons on our team.
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy treatment (SBRT) — a new technology used in early stage lung cancers to reduce and often eradicate small malignancies without traditional surgery
- Molecular diagnostic testing — helps physicians pinpoint the most effective chemotherapy to best fight your individual type of cancer
We also offer radiation ablation for the treatment of malignant lung nodules.
In addition, our Thoracic Clinic in Fall River, MA provides free educational programs and support services to help meet the physical and psychological needs of our patients and their families. Learn more about how we can help you by contacting our Thoracic Clinic at (877) 822-2732.
Through the Southcoast Health Cancer Centers, Southcoast Health offers comprehensive care and treatment to patients with lung cancer in Fall River and Fairhaven, MA and surrounding areas.