Become a Member of a Southcoast Health Ambassadors in MA
Are you looking to be more involved in your local hospital? Southcoast Health encourages you to become a member of Southcoast Health Ambassadors. The former auxiliaries and guild of Southcoast Health System includes ambassadors from all three hospital sites: Charlton Memorial, St. Luke’s, and Tobey Hospital.
Our mission at Southcoast Health Ambassadors is to render services to the hospital, its patients and its tax-exempt subsidiaries, and to assist Southcoast Health in promoting the health and welfare of the communities it serves.
As a Southcoast Health Ambassador, you will serve as an ambassador to the community on behalf of your community hospitals. You will also participate in rewarding social and philanthropic events, including:
- Distributing flowers to patients during the holiday season
- Distributing valentine cards to patients
- Awarding health care scholarships to local high school students to further their career in the industry
- Directing hospital gift shops
- Attending social events
- Supporting community outreach
Why Join Our Ambassadors?
Members of our Southcoast Health Ambassadors enjoy many benefits while volunteering for and supporting their local hospital, such as:
- Personal growth and fulfillment that comes from helping the young, aged and less fortunate
- Meeting and working with interesting people of all ages
- Participating in activities that benefits your community hospital
Southcoast Health hospital volunteers can serve the communities of Fall River, New Bedford and Wareham, MA by joining a philanthropic auxiliary or guild.
Southcoast Health Ambassadors Board of Directors
President: Marcia Liggin
Vice President: Elena Coffey
Secretary: Pamala Mirick
Treasurer: Filomena Kuchar
Assistant Secretary: Janice Sharp
Assistant Treasurer: Sandra Slavin