Welcome to the COVID-19 Hub
You have arrived at the central location for all policies, procedures, guidelines and information needed by Southcoast employees on COVID-19.
Incident Command Center
Incident Command Center Call Number: 508-973-5801
See public COVID-19 page on Southcoast.org for nurse triage, testing and result numbers.
COVID-19 Employee Hotline for nurse triage and test scheduling: (508) 973-4YOU (3-4968)
Call the hotline (Mon-Sat, 8am – 5pm) if you are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat. Our Nursing Triage team will assess your situation and advise you on what to do next.
VIDEO: The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine arrives; 750 Southcoast staffers receive it already
You can schedule a COVID-19 PCR test through MyChart. This feature is new to MyChart as of Dec. 15 and is the preferred way to schedule a test. Log in at any time of day to set up an appointment. It takes only about five minutes to answer a few questions and select an appointment date and time.
Stop the Spread: A strategic testing program by the Commonwealth to support the testing of asymptomatic individuals in communities across Massachusetts, including Fall River and New Bedford, that have continued to see a higher number of residents testing positive for COVID-19. If you are a resident of one of these communities, even if you have no COVID symptoms, please get tested to help stop the spread. Click Stop the Spread for a list of testing sites.
- Universal Screening and Testing for Hospital Admissions-Updated 06/15/21
- Pre-Procedure Pre-Surgery Covid Testing Requirements-Revised 5/24/21
- COVID-19 Testing Procedures: Signing Up for MyChart in 5 Easy Steps and Information About COVID Test Results 11/20
- Southcoast Guidance For PPE Use And Optimization Updated 06/29/21
- PPE Recommendations Ambulatory-Ancillary Revised 07/13/2021
- Comprehensive PPE Guidance – Mass Department of Public Health (DPH) 06/24/21
- PPE Recommendations PeriOperative Services Revised 05/24/21
- Aerosol Generating Procedures Updated 01/16/21
- PPE Recommendations – Southcoast Visiting Nurse Association Revised 04/21
- PPE request form
- Sequence for Putting on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) from CDC
- Donning & Doffing (Video)
Symptomatic employee and return to work
What to Do if You’re Symptomatic and/or Test Positive / Return to Work
COVID-19 Employee Hotline: 508-973-4YOU (3-4968)
Call the hotline (Sun-Sat, 8am – 5pm) if you are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat. Our Nursing Triage team will assess your situation and advise you on what to do next.
- Return to Work Online Form
- Return to Work Decision Algorithm for Asymptomatic Employees 05/20/21
- FAQ – Exposure, testing and return to work (RTW) for healthcare workers – Updated 05/28/21
For Mass DPH guidance on travel, go to Travel Information.
Hand Hygiene & Hand Washing
For all questions or comments about the information on this page or for anything COVID-19 related, please email email@example.com. Your inquiry will be directed to the appropriate person for a response to your request.
Helpful hints – press Control+F (or Command+F on a Mac) to launch a keyword specific search. A “search-box” will appear on your screen and allow you to search for specific keywords, phrases, or documents.*
*Please note, this will only work on a desktop & laptops.