Southcoast Health has entered into a contract with MA-DPH to provide the following therapeutic services for our Southcoast patients and for all patients in the communities we serve:
Oral Antiviral Medications will be made available, by prescription, for ambulatory patients who present at any one of the following locations:
- Any of the 3 Southcoast Retail Pharmacies below:
- Providers who are on the Southcoast EPIC system can utilize EPIC to submit a patient prescription to any one of our 3 Retail Pharmacies. All others can route prescriptions to the 3 retail pharmacies by using SureScripts, or can call the retail pharmacies directly for more information.
- Southcoast Retail Pharmacy at Charlton Memorial Hospital
- Southcoast Retail Pharmacy at St. Luke’s Hospital
- Southcoast Retail Pharmacy at 208 Mill Road, Fairhaven
Please note with the decline of BA.5, three previously authorized monoclonal antibodies are no longer authorized due to the presence of variants that reduce their effectiveness.
Remdesivir, paxlovid and molnupiravir for treatment of early mild-to-moderate COVID-19 positive high-risk patients, is available at 208 Mill Road in Fairhaven, as follows:
Please note the Gothams Infusion trailer, located at our Charlton Memorial Hospital campus, will no longer provide services after 5/31/21. All referrals for treatment will be provided by Southcoast in the 208 Mill Road location
- 7 days per week, based on therapeutic need – Monday through Friday 8am – 4:30pm and 8am-12pm day on Saturday or Sunday
- Southcoast Health providers on EPIC can utilize an available EPIC Order for COVID-19 Infusion therapy or refer their patients for infusion therapy, fax referral to the Infusion Clinic. All other providers can fax their referrals to the Infusion Clinic directly.
- Completed Order Form (from providers without access to EPIC) can be faxed to FAX: 508-973-2660
- Telephone coverage 7 days per week Referral Telephone Line: 508-973-2659
Evusheld Therapy, a preventative treatment recommended for people with moderate to severe immunocompromise, is now available in the Hospital Outpatient Infusion Centers at Charlton Memorial Hospital and St. Luke’s Hospital.
Southcoast Health Oncology Infusion Centers, located in our Cancer Centers at Charlton Memorial Hospital and in Fairhaven, will continue to provide Evusheld Therapy for all of their active Hematology/Oncology patients.
- Days of Operations are Monday through Friday
- Hours of Operations will be 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM Monday & Friday and 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Southcoast Health providers can utilize EPIC Order for Evusheld Therapy to refer their patients for Evusheld Therapy or call Central Scheduling
- Evusheld Referral Form (from providers without access to EPIC) can be faxed to Charlton Memorial Hospital Outpatient Infusion Clinic: FAX: 508-973-7642 or St. Luke’s Hospital Outpatient Infusion Clinic: FAX: 508-973-5578
- Contact Central Scheduling (Monday thru Friday 7:30am-5:30pm) Phone: 508-973-3900 or 1-800-276-0103
If you have any questions or need assistance, please reach out to our Southcoast points of contact below:
For all Infusion Services:
Kathy Moraes, RN
Director of Oncology and Infusion Services
For all Pharmacy Services:
Rachel McGarty, RPh, Pharm D.
Executive Director of Pharmacy Services
For additional information or guidance from the CDC and DPH please use the following link
Transition of COVID Testing Sites
Appointments are Required
Appointments at the following locations must be made through your MyChart account or by calling (508) 973-1919.
Fairhaven: Southcoast Lab Patient Service Center, 208 Mill Road
Fall River: Southcoast Lab Patient Service Center, 373 New Boston Rd, Fall River
Fall River: Southcoast Patient Service Center, Truesdale Health 1030 President’s Ave, Fall River
Fall River: Charlton Memorial Hospital
New Bedford: St. Luke’s Hospital Outpatient Lab Collection Alcove
Wareham: Tobey Hospital Outpatient Lab Collection – Check in at Registration
When to Make an Appointment
Please note Southcoast Heath offers PCR tests, which are ideally suited for asymptomatic patients needing results for travel, return to work or school, and/or surgeries requiring admission. Symptomatic patients are encouraged to use at-home antigen tests when possible.
At home COVID-19 tests are available at pharmacy locations and at covid.gov/tests.
As a reminder, Southcoast pre-surgical patients who are not being admitted post-surgery DO NOT require PCR testing and should perform a home test as directed by their provider.
Pre-surgery patients who will be admitted to the hospital post-surgery should be scheduled for PCR testing 48-72 hours prior to the surgery.
To schedule, log in to MyChart – once you are logged in, scroll down to the COVID-19 Testing button to book an appointment.
To sign-up for MyChart follow this link for activation of your account, mychart.southcoast.org/mychart/signup.
SOUTHCOAST REMINDS YOU THAT ALL RESULTS ARE AVAILABLE IN YOUR SOUTHCOAST HEALTH MYCHART APP AS SOON AS THEY HAVE RESULTED. WE WILL CONTACT YOU DIRECTLY SHOULD THERE BE A NEED TO DISCUSS YOUR RESULTS FURTHER. GIVEN HIGH CALL VOLUMES AND HOLD TIMES, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CALLING OUR COVID-19 HOTLINE OR CALL CENTER TO ASK ABOUT YOUR TEST RESULTS.
Employees requiring testing by Southcoast should check the Southcoast intranet for hours of operation.