The most up-to-date treatments for wound care
Patients in our region are at high risk for chronic wounds, due to diseases and medical conditions that are much more prevalent on the South Coast.
Southcoast's Wound Care Center can make a dramatic difference in the lives of your patients. We have created the region's first comprehensive wound care center, offering all of the very latest technology and treatment in wound care in one convenient and comprehensive setting.
Who Can Benefit?
- Diabetic, arterial, ischemic and venous ulcers.
- Traumatic or surgical wounds.
- Wounds caused by late-effect radiation tissue damage.
- Surgical grafts and bone necrosis.
A Comprehensive Clinical Approach
- Thorough diagnostic evaluation.
- Aggressive treatment with the latest clinical modalities, including all levels of surgical debridement, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT), tissue engineered products and wound VAC.
- Case management and patient education.
- The patient's referring physician remains involved in our wound care management team through frequent communication and consultation.
A Local Team of Experts
- We work closely with primary care referring physicians.
- An established local surgeon, with experience in treating hard-to-heal wounds, serves as medical director.
- Our clinical team of physicians, nurses and technicians offer experience and expertise in the latest wound care treatments.
Finding the Wound Care Center
PARKING: Please park in the main lot in front of the hospital and enter through the main entrance. Follow signs to the Wound Center.
To access complimentary valet parking and/or wheelchairs, please enter the Surgery Center/Cancer Center lot on Prospect Street at the back of the hospital. Drive to the canopy over the Surgery Center where you will see signs for Valet Parking service. Enter through the Surgery Center and follow signs to the Wound Center, located on level 1. Wheelchairs are available inside the entrance to the Surgery Center.