Following these safe driving tips will help you arrive at your destination safely.
Check the road conditions in your area or stay tuned to local news broadcasts for more information on roadway and weather conditions.
- Remove snow and ice from your vehicle before you drive, making sure the headlights and taillights are visible.
- Accelerate slowly.
- Increase your following distance.
- Brake gently in slow, steady strokes to see how much traction you have, and begin braking early when approaching intersections or stops.
- Approach bridges, shaded spots, overpasses and turns slowly.
- Never use cruise control in winter driving conditions.
- Use non-freezing windshield washer liquid.
- Use snow tires.
Remember to leave for your destination earlier than usual to allow for slower than normal traffic conditions.