- Always wear lifejackets when boating.
- Never drink while operating a boat.
- For jellyfish stings, rinse the area with seawater then apply vinegar. Scrape stingers out of the skin with an object, not your hands.
- Always watch children carefully, even in a few inches of water in a backyard wading pool.
- If you have a pool in your backyard, make sure it is fenced in and that children learn about safety on slides and diving boards.
- Don't assume someone can't drown because he knows how to swim. Many things can lead to drowning, including too much sun, tiredness, rough play and alcohol.
This information is not a substitute for consultation with a personal physician.
Links & Resources
Water Safety Tips from the American Red Cross