Wareham Orthopedics offers the latest diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical techniques to treat a wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions. Our in office x-ray department and on-site physical therapy group allows for "one stop" treatment. We also offer in office fitting and instruction for custom bracing and orthotics.
Wareham Orthopedic surgeons routinely perform arthroscopy of the knee, shoulder, ankle, and elbow to treat cartilage injuries, ligament tears, loose bodies, and rotator cuff repairs. Our doctors are also using the latest "small incision" techniques to perform partial or complete knee replacement, hip replacement, and shoulder replacement. In addition, fracture care of all patients and all body parts is a daily routine of our practice. Wareham Orthopedics can meet all of your orthopedic needs from simple bumps and bruises to complex reconstructive surgery.
- Dr. Baltz received his medical degree from the University of Connecticut Medical School. He completed an internship in general surgery and
a residency in orthopedic surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina. He then completed a fellowship in sports medicine at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston.
- Dr. Baltz is a member of the American Academy of Surgeons and American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine. His special interests include arthroscopy of the knee, shoulder and ankle, sports related injuries, general fractures and hand surgery.
- He previously served as assistant team physician for the Boston Celtics and Northeastern University. Currently, he is the team physician
for the Massachusetts Maritime Academy and the Wareham Gatemen.
- Dr. Baltz is board certified in orthopedic surgery.
- Dr. Dee graduated with honors from the University of Wales with a bachelors degree in Biochemistry.
- He earned his Doctor of Medicine from Leicester University Medical School in the U.K., and then completed an internship in general surgery at the State University of New York at Stony Brook followed by a residency in Orthopedic Surgery.
- After completing fellowship training in spinal surgery at the University of California, San Francisco, Dr. Dee moved back home to New England. He spent 12 years in private practice in Connecticut and has enjoyed treating patients with a variety of orthopedic conditions, including knee, hip and upper extremity problems resulting from work related injuries and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Dr. Dee performs the most current arthroscopic and total joint procedures.
- Dr. Dee is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and he is Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Dr. Heacox is a graduate of Washington and Jefferson College, where he earned his undergraduate degree, and the Temple University School of Medicine.
- After receiving his medical degree, he completed an internship in general surgery at Abington Memorial Hospital in Abington, Pa., and a residency in orthopedic surgery at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia.
- Dr. Heacox has practiced orthopedics with Wareham Orthopedic Associates since 1984. He previously served as Chair of the Department of Surgery and Medical Staff President at Tobey Hospital.
- Dr. Heacox is board certified in orthopedic surgery and is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Academy
of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Massachusetts Medical Society. He has served as a trustee of Southcoast Health System from 1996 to 2011.