Enhancing quality of life through comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation.
Southeast Rehabilitation Center, an acute-level rehab unit, provides inpatient care and rehabilitation for a number of diagnoses, such as:
- Spinal cord trauma.
- Major multiple trauma.
- Hip fracture with complicating medical problem.
- Total joint replacement with complicating medical problem.
- Brain injury.
- Other neurological disorders, including multiple sclerosis, ALS, myopathies, Parkinson's and others.
The team helps establish goals with each patient and their family and, together, we work diligently to help meet these goals.
About Southeast Rehabilitation Center
- Only hospital-based, inpatient rehab program in Greater Fall River.
- Two physiatrists — physicians who specialize in rehab medicine — lead our interdisciplinary teams of nurses and therapists.
- Team members include nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech/language pathologists, social workers, case managers and other specialists as needed. We have an adult nurse practitioner on staff.
- Accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JACHO).
- Bilingual (English/Portuguese) nurses and therapists and multi-lingual interpreters are available. AT&T Interpreter Services is available for many additional languages.
- Onsite dialysis treatment available.
- Neuropsychologist and rehabilitation psychiatrist available as needed to consult with patients and team members.
- Therapeutic and recreational activities programs provided.
- Vocational rehabilitation counseling available.
- Prosthetic and orthotic services.
- Prosthetic and orthotic clinic for inpatients and outpatients.
- Bioness® Orthotics, incorporating electrical stimulation to improve foot/hand movements.
- Evaluation for specially adapted computer systems.
- Specialized equipment for safe patient handling.