Drug & Alcohol Testing
Southcoast Occupational Health provides a hospital-based drug and alcohol testing compliance program, which assists business and municipalities in their efforts to comply with their company's drug and alcohol policy. Southcoast Occupational Health follows regulations established by Department of Transportation (DOT).
Whether or not your drug testing program is regulated by DOT guidelines, Southcoast Occupational Health decreases the administrative burden of your program while minimizing your liability and keeping you in compliance with federal testing rules.
DOT & Non-DOT Screenings & Breath Alcohol Testing
Southcoast Occupational Health follows DOT guidelines for the "chain of custody" collection, handling and blind sampling along with the confidentiality of reporting results.
Southcoast Occupational Health utilizes a (SAMSHA) NIDA-Certified Laboratory. All results are reviewed by a Medical Review Officer (MRO) in order to protect both the employer and employee.
Southcoast Occupational Health offers:
- Urine, saliva and hair testing.
- Random computer selection and testing services.
- Collection sites and/or administrative services.
- Resources for implementing the company's policy and procedure development for drug and alcohol program.
- 24 hour drug and alcohol testing.
- Medical Review Officer.
- Professionals trained in administration of urine drug screen and breath alcohol testing.
- Federally approved evidential breath testing devices.
- Alcohol and controlled substance education.
DOT Weight of Vehicle Guidelines
Under 10,000 pounds
- Regular license.
- Medical card.*
- DOT number, vehicle inspection.
- CDL license.
- Medical card.*
- Drug and alcohol program/consortium.
Between 10,001 and 26,000 pounds
Over 26,000 pounds, the employee will need:
* Medical card is renewed every two (2) years unless medical history dictates otherwise.