Locations | New Bedford
Our St. Luke's occupational health clinic will be open every weekday to see your employees with injuries. We will accept same-day appointments and walk-ins for workers' compensation/injury management.
St. Luke's Hospital
101 Page Street
New Bedford, MA 02740
Our location is the Occupational Health Department off of the Main Lobby at St. Luke's.
Accessing Our Clinic
Page the occupational health nurse for same-day appointments or walk-ins:
The nurse will call you right back and help you to determine the correct course of action and begin to plan for the injured employees arrival to our clinic. If the nurse does not call you back in 10 minutes, please call the clinic directly at 508-961-5469.
Daily schedule: Monday thru Friday 7:45 a.m. ~ 3 p.m.
Diagnosis for Walk-In Injuries
The following is the list of patient conditions we will be able to treat with our initial emphasis on soft tissue and musculoskeletal injuries. The plan is to have this expand in the upcoming months.
Conditions that we will see:
- Muscle strains/sprains involving the following body parts:
- Lower back
- Upper back and neck
- Shoulder joint
- Arm and forearm
- Wrist, hands and fingers
- Hip joint
- Thigh and leg
- Ankle and foot
- Abrasions/superficial wounds
Conditions that we will NOT see*:
- Loss of consciousness, fainting, head injury
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Burns (thermal, chemical)
- Eye injuries/foreign bodies
- Contact with chemical spills/exposures
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting
- Genital/urinary complaints
* We recommend immediate attention at the closest Emergency Department