For Immediate Release:
June 20, 2012
Auxiliary of Charlton Memorial Hospital announces 2012-2013 scholarship winners
The Auxiliary presented five $1,000 scholarship awards to area high school seniors during its annual Scholarship Luncheon held June 6 at the Rachel's Lakeside in Dartmouth.
The 2012-2013 scholarship winners are:
- Nichelle Charron, a graduate of Apponequet Regional High School, who will attend Quinnipiac University to pursue a career as a nurse practitioner in pediatric medicine.
- Vanessa Correia, a graduate of Westport High School, who will attend Connecticut College to pursue a career as a pediatrician.
- Erica DeMello, a graduate of Bishop Stang High School, who will attend Springfield College to pursue a career as a physician's assistant.
- Mathew G. Hermenau, a graduate of Somerset Berkley Regional High School, who will attend the University of Rhode Island to pursue a degree in pharmacy or nursing.
- Kelsy Mills, a graduate of Apponequet Regional High School, who will attend Simmons College to pursue a career in health sciences.
Joining the Auxiliary is a great way to become involved in your community hospital. Members serve as ambassadors to the community on behalf of the hospital. For more information or to join, please call 508-679-7038.